Full, long lashes have a way of making you look put together without any makeup on. Eyelash curlers are a tool found in all beauty lovers’ makeup kit because of the power they have to transform your look by curling your lashes. However, if you’re looking for something with a more intense and natural look, try heated eyelash curlers.
This article explains how to use heated eyelash curlers and every other thing you should know about them;
What is a Heated Eyelash Curler?
A heated eyelash curler uses heat to help create a natural curve in your lashes. There are two variations of heated eyelash curlers- the clamp-styled curlers imitate the traditional design and the wand variant. If you are looking for a natural curve, then the wand variant is your go-to curler.
How to Use a Heated Eyelash Curler
Using a heated eyelash curler is simple. While the chances of burning yourself are slim, it is essential to note that they can burn you or your eyelashes off. We advise you to be careful with handling it and avoid letting it get close to your eye.
Let the eyelash curler heat up for a minute; yes, just a minute will do. It doesn’t need much time to get hot enough to curl your lashes. Carefully use the lash curler to curl your lashes by mimicking the motion of applying mascara. If the curve is not as dramatic as you’d like, repeat the action. Once you have achieved an appropriate angle, use some mascara to make it pop.
Tips for Using a Heated Eyelash Curler
Here we listed some tips to make your experience using heated eyelash curlers a breeze.
Work with Clean and Dry Lashes
The first step to using a heated eyelash curler is to make sure your eyelashes are clean and dry. When you try to curl your lashes when they’re wet or damp, they don’t sustain the curl. Instead, they go back to their original state.
When your lashes are dirty, i.e., they have mascara residue on them, this can promote fall out or breakage as mascara doesn’t mix well with heat. Also, the mascara residue acts as a breeding ground for bacteria, which could lead to infections.
Test the Heat
Heated eyelash curlers can get enough to burn you or your lashes. Before you take your heated lash curler to your eyes, test the temperature of the curler with your fingertips. This is an excellent way to ensure it is warm enough to curl your lashes but not hot enough to burn you.
Three Times the Charm
Beauty expert Dominique Lerma advises that you gently press down your heated lash curler only three times for a dramatic effect. No more, no less.
Anyone would want to avoid the tragedy of getting their eyelash stuck or yanked out by an eyelash curler. An easy way to avoid is this is to prevent over curling your lashes. It would be best if you didn’t use your lash curler multiple times in a day. It would be best if you tried to limit your use to 2 sessions a day. Suppose you need a fix-up. Opt for using mascara instead.
Benefits of Heated Eyelash Curlers
The most significant benefit of heated eyelash curlers is that they do not pull out your lashes, unlike their traditional counterparts. This is excellent news for anyone who wants to enjoy lush lashes without putting them at risk.
When heated eyelash curlers are correctly used, they make your eyelashes curl in a more natural-looking way. This creates the illusion that your lashes are longer, and it makes your eyes look more radiant.
Drawbacks of Heated Lash Curlers
Excess heat on your eyelashes over a long period can cause them damage. It does this by making your eyelashes brittle. That is why you must use your heated eyelash curler with caution if you do not know how to use it properly.
Heated eyelash curlers work with batteries, meaning you will always need to have some spare batteries around if the current ones begin to run down. If you ever find yourself short on fresh batteries, it hinders you from curling your lashes and getting the perfect eye look.
Heated Lash Curler Vs. Traditional Lash Curler
Here we listed the pros and cons of the heated lash curlers and the traditional lash curlers to decide which is better.
Heated Eyelash Curlers
- They are gentle and do not pull out your lashes.
- They hold for a more extended period.
- They make your eyelashes curlier than traditional lash curlers.
- They give a more natural-looking curl.
- They run with batteries.
- They can get very hot, especially the metal ones. This could lead to burns around the eyelids.
Traditional Eyelash Curler
- They lengthen the eyelashes and make the eyes look brighter.
- They define the shape of the eyes.
- Easy to use without professional training
- Safe to use
- Can pull off eyelashes
- Can cause infections when not cleaned properly
- Accidents can occur when too much force is used.
Best Heated Eyelash Curlers
Here’s our recommendation on the top 3 best-heated eyelash curlers.
- Chella Heated Eyelash Curler- the Chella eyelash curler evenly distributes heat, has a compact design, and is easy to use. It’s easily one of our favorite heated eyelash curlers.
- Remington Reveal Lash and Brow Kit- your lashes and brows are in for a treat with Remington’s heated lash curlers. The lash curler comes with an indicator light that tells you when it is ready for use. As well as a pair of tweezers.
- Panasonic Heated Eyelash Curler- the Panasonic heated eyelash curler does not only curl your lashes perfectly, but it also separates them evenly to prevent clumping. Customer reviews revealed that people couldn’t get enough of this lash curler because of its ability to curl stubborn lashes.
Your eyelashes are a crucial element in your overall appearance. Long and full eyelashes make your eyes radiant and bright, which could make your face appear radiant. One convenient way to achieve this look is with an eyelash curler, and what better way than with a heated eyelash curler.